Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

got broke into

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
absolute
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got broke into

Kill switch is going in for sure
Going to take the door lock out and put a back door handle on the front
What do ya'll think about that???My dealer said around 150 plus tax for
a new door handle which i have to have .
Still looking at alarms there so many out there.
Just looking for something that will hold up.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

shave the handels.. thieves dont have anything to poke and open.. u eliminate opening part. now just install a kill switch , a relay that disconects batterys, or the computer, either one.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
JT824Megacab
Professional

add so air horns, tie the alarm into that and maybe with all that noise somebody will actually raise a brow and look.....

Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 AM
MarkRAM01

This is the alarm I purchased after some idiot pryed my 2001 ram qc driver's door open with a crowbar. I was at work for two hours on a Saturday morningand when I went to leave it was gone. The police found it two days later, the car theivesbeat to hell and back. It was almost $9000 in damage. Almost the whole truck was repainted because they were driving thru cornfields and construction sites( I have a cornstalk to prove it that was still jammed up in the frame). Dents and scrathes in the hood, down both sides, tore out the radio, cracked the windshield, bent both bumpers, stole the speakers, bent two wheels. There was a 16' extension ladder in the back along with a home a/c unit among other tools and job site keys. There were clothes on the inside from what it appeared to have someone living in MY truck for two days. Oh and I almost forgot the crack pipe that was where my stereo used to be.

The only reason I kept the truck was because it was aCTD and I know they could not do anything to hurt the engine. Luckily for me nothing else was damaged on the drive train. Even with two bent wheels the Cooper Tires were fine. The body shop that did all the work was great he has done other fixes for me in the past. He brought back the truck to the condition it is in today. That was a year and a half ago. It took 2 1/2 weeks to get it back from the body shop and the day I got it back this alarm was installed on it.

It is worth the price for anyone I believe to have an alarm on every vehicle that means anything to you,from protecting your items on the truck and the truck itself it is well worth the up front cost. I have one on every vehicle I own! This alarm has not let me down for the last 1 1/2 years. I think one of the best items to add to any alarm is a glass break sensor. I like it because if someone walks by in a lot it won't set it off, but it will go off if someone evenmildly taps on the glass. It also has a great vibration sensor on it too. The remote also chirps and vibrates when it is in warning mode and goes off.

Next time that crackhead touches the paint with that crowbar it is sure to start going off. Hope no one else has to ever go thru this!

http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/990.html

Old 01-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: absolute

Going to take the door lock out and put a back door handle on the front
What do ya'll think about that???
Never heard of that before. Can you explain it a little more ??

Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
absolute

Had the door handle replaced today..Saw how they got into it...Broke bottom of handle with a screwdriver and hammer and pushed on a metal bar, which opened the door.
Called Ranch Hand and they sell jimmie jammers for door handles..They're 39.00 a pair..These prevent them from breaking into your truck through the door handle.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 PM
lynchfort

Had the same thing happen on my '98. Couldn't believe how easy it was. This is what I have on my '06:
http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20JJ.htm

Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Mayfair
Legend

That's a pretty cool link. I've never heard of that before.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I was looking into getting a pair for my ford when it got broke into.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Dodge should provide them as well as the other brands for making them easy to break into in the first place

Quick Reply: got broke into