Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
mjh1019
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smarty

Can anyone give me some insight on a Mads Elec. Smarty controller. I may be looking in to getting one.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Smarty

it's very user friendly, it's claimed to not be tracable ( as long as it's returned to stock ) and it's very popular. Marco who write the programs seems to really know what he's doing and he's right there to answer any questions along with Bob Wagner. It gives a crap load power ! and is one of the most popular programmers to stack with a TST.

It's basically a SCAN tool that can be used to clear codes, read codes and will reprogram your computer with a varity of different softwares.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM
JohnInNH
Default RE: Smarty

Smarty....

Great service and support. It will damage your stock auto transmition on levels over #3. Slip your clutch on a G56 6 speed on levels over #5.

I have a 6 speed G56 and run #7 but do not open it up WOT and an very careful not to slip the clutch.... # 3 usually helps MPG.

Note 3 levels of "torque management" are available now for a 2006. (how much low end punch you want)

You do not have your transmition listed in your signature line.

Smarty also lets you calibrate your speedo for tire size... Clear and read codes, and choose from many different power levels...

One big one is if you change turbo and injectors they have different programs for you to pick from for the non stock applications.

If you upgrade your transmiton to handle the power levels over #5-7 a pusher fuel pump will be a good idea needed so you do not drain your rail of fuel.

Gauges, smarty, clutch/transmition upgrades, fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Smarty