Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FUEL LEAK Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Ralph78
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL LEAK Update

Fuel Leak repaired.
I put my truck into a local High Perf. Diesel shop.(expensive, but they know what they are doing and are honest, not like the local Dodge Dealer.). They replaced the fuel return line, I watched them do the fuel return line change. WHAT A PITA to get to. They broke two 1/8" "hard "vacuum/winshild washer lines, and replaced them for free. The old fuel return line was the source of the leak, ohwell at least it forced me to change the fuel filter after 11,000-12,000 miles on the old one.

I also had them install a new 60# boost guage to replace my 30# Banks guage. They found a couple of other minor issues and solved them. One was a broken line to my egr valve that was hidden by a vacuum line. The broken line was causing the check engine light to stay on. The other problem was the "Exhaust Temp. Guage" was not hooked up right, so they fixed it. They also adjusted the PacBrake switch. My exhaust gas temps. now match what many of you on this forum report, but never go above 1,200 Deg. and to even get close to 1,200 Deg. I need to pull a BIG HILL with a heavy load on @ WOT with 30-33 PSI of Boost.

My max turbo boost pressure runs about 33 PSI, I asked their High Perf. Manager about when to change the turbo or "Stud" the head, and he said he has never had one fail below 60 PSI.??????? I still plan on keeping mine below 38-40 PSI., but I feel a lot better when pulling a trailer up a hill and can see the actual boost pressure.

Ralph

Old 01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FUEL LEAK Update

sounds like those guys have their heads on straight

Old 01-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FUEL LEAK Update

Yeah really !!

I'd love to have a place like that near me. For now though, I'll settle for tapping you guy's for my info.

Quick Reply: FUEL LEAK Update