Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Horn gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Methos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn gremlins

Ok folks, I need some expert advice. Going back to last fall (and about 10,000 miles ago) I had 2 instances in about a week where I'd hop in the truck put my foot on the brake and clutch, stick the key in the ignition and the horn would go off. I'd have to pull the battery cables to get it to quit. Once I pulled both negative cables it quit (obviously) and was ok when I put them back on. Truck started and ran fine. Took in since I was still under warrenty and the local stealership basically looked at it and shrugged the shoulders and claimed that they couldn't find anything.

Now today, and of course after I'm past my warrenty milage, it happened again. But, this time I didn't have my foot on either pedal and the key just barely touched the metal rim of the ignition switch and was not even fully inserted.

Anyone point me in a direction to figure out what the heck is going on.

Truck runs like a top, but it's kind of annoying never knowing if the horns gonna go off. I've got half a mind to disconnect the horn until I figure this out.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horn gremlins

don't know where your problem could be... maybe a ground not secured tightly ???

If your truck is anything like the 07, you can look in the owners manual for directions on how
to disable things. In mine I can disable the door open honk, change the button functions on the key
and some other stuff I believe... don't have it in front of me.

Quick Reply: Horn gremlins