Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Poor fuel economy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:19 AM
bert0168
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poor fuel economy?

Mayfair, I thought I saw you were in Philly, I'm about 45 mi north near Q-town. I wonder if the fuel in this area has something to do with it? I closed up the 4" airbox mod and didn't see any difference in mileage.

I hope it's only a winter fuel thing.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: bert0168

Mayfair, I thought I saw you were in Philly, I'm about 45 mi north near Q-town. I wonder if the fuel in this area has something to do with it? I closed up the 4" airbox mod and didn't see any difference in mileage.

I hope it's only a winter fuel thing.
Yeah, I hope it's just a winter fuel thing too, and not this new emission blend that's causing the dump. If this is the best mileage that I'm going to get, it really sucks ...

I'm kinda familiar with the Q-town area. I go fishing once or twice a year up there at ( I know I'm spelling it wrong ) Nocomixon

Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 AM
bert0168
Professional

It's a hard one to spell for sure.

Nockamixon. (had to look it up)

Pretty tough lake to fish. I caught a few small bass there this spring and early summer and a hybrid striper (1st one for me).

Fuel economy was one of the top three reasons I wanted a diesel. So far it's the only complaint I have about the truck. Other than that I really love this truck.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:42 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, I'ma little bummed about the mileage, but as bad as it is, it's still better than my 96 Ford was ( 9-10 mpg there )

As far as the lake goes, I've gone pretty much for them big ole catfish. I don't keep em, but they are fun as hell to catch. Them and those big carp, they bothfight like a freight trains.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:53 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what it is the fuel blend.... my gasser still geting 16.5 city ....but my rig ...yes 18 wheeler was geting 7.5 mpg now it gets 5.5 plus the cold temps dont help.. Yes they do run different fuel blend from the north and south... just dont fuel up down south and run it up north not in these temps ...

Quick Reply: Poor fuel economy?