Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

where to buy fass?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007 | 09:41 PM
rbmchief
|
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy fass?

finally got the money to put in a fass system. who is a good dealer for these. I'm going to be doing it myself so someone with a good tech support is a must. Abny reccomendations?

Old 01-29-2007 | 12:11 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: where to buy fass?

ORIGINAL: rbmchief

finally got the money to put in a fass system. who is a good dealer for these. I'm going to be doing it myself so someone with a good tech support is a must. Abny reccomendations?
If you want killer tech support and you aren't set on a FASS system, check out this link. Next to the FASS it seems to be the more popular add on lift pump selling.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/de..._id=09-003-003

From what I hear, the FASS isn't as loud as it used to be and it used to be deafening. The walbro pump is as quite as can be.

Old 01-29-2007 | 12:10 PM
rbmchief
|
Rookie

any idea what kind of warranty those have. i have seen some decent looking systems but none of them are even close to fass warranty. thanks for the link ill check into it.

Old 01-29-2007 | 12:19 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rbmchief

any idea what kind of warranty those have. i have seen some decent looking systems but none of them are even close to fass warranty. thanks for the link ill check into it.
I'm not sure about the walbro's warranty but.... at only $120 a warranty isn't that big deal. The average life span from what I've read for a lift pump is around 30K miles. Many guys I've seen that have a walbro carry an extra in the glove box just in case.

I think the ease of replacement and cost of the pump makes the walbro set up the more logical set up. Everyone has there own tastes though so, it really might be like 10 to 1 half a dozen the other.

Old 01-29-2007 | 07:45 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Here is the link that Drew gave me a while ago to purchase my FASS. I haven't done it yet, but I will be very soon.

here ya go ...

http://www.kensps.citymaker.com/page/page/3704984.htm

First I'm ordering a new trans pan and diff cover and then the FASS. I hope to have all 3 bought and installed before March if I can use my buddies garage.

Quick Reply: where to buy fass?