Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust Advice for an '02 Dodge 2500 Oil Burner

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 AM
gregj3
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Advice for an '02 Dodge 2500 Oil Burner

Ok, I'm sure exhaust advice has already been covered here...many times. I was going to search through the older posts, but I figured it might be a better idea to post fresh and get some new advice. Maybe things have changed over the years. Ya know? I also posted a picture of my truck and I in the "Official: Oil Burners Mug and Truck shot thread" if you're interested in my truck & me.

The exhaust on my 2002 2500 has decided it wants to be replaced. I figured this out by inspecting the truck after some routine maintenance (oil change), and saw some significant holes right after the muffler. Now keep in mind that this whole truck is stock...BONE STOCK. I have done nothing to it, and this give me an excuse!!!

I want to put a nice LEGAL turbo-back exhaust system on my truck that will last and also makes plenty of noise. A friend on another non-truck forum I belong to recommended MBRP exhaust. I should also note that I am NOT rich, and need to do this on a small a budget as possible, yet make the right decision so that I don't end up replacing the system again in a couple of years.

I don't need duals, nor do I want to run stacks. I tend to run a cap on the truck most of the time. Stainless looks like the way to go, and I will also be doing this myself. I'm a "Shade Tree" mechanic...although I'll be a "freezing my @ss off in the winter outside" mechanic doing this job. I also don't know what CT's laws are for diesels. The damn thing had to have its emissions checked when I bought it, which I thought was strange.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
-Greg

Old 01-30-2007, 01:32 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Default RE: Exhaust Advice for an '02 Dodge 2500 Oil Burner

you cah install an aero 4040 and stright pipe the rest. Sounds very good.

I wouldnt spend $400 or mor on MBRP or any of the others. I would get a goo muffler and take it to a shop. Much cheaper

Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MBRP is a good muffler, however many here have had good results with the aero 4040, if you dont want to spend the dime for a muffler though you could always straight pipe the thing

Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 AM
gregj3
Amateur

Thanks for your help. If anyone has any other recommendations...please feel free to pass 'em along.

I am thinking I'll go with a muffler, 'cuz I want to be legal. I guess I should try to figure out what the law is in CT. Hmm....damn, I hate DMV, and I hate their web site even MORE!!! ;-)

Old 01-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

Check this guy out he knows everything about these trucks he helped me with my 98.5 CTD from manifold back. if you call him be care full he my talk your head off but you will get a lot of info.
http://www.mrbobsdistributing.com/atsdiesel.html

Old 01-31-2007, 03:51 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I don't know bo - ha -diddly -do about that system, butI DO know that I can't reccomend the Aero Turbine enough. Many here have gone that route and I don't think I've heard one complaint yet. I think they're priced right, and you'll be more than happy with it. Click on the Verocious tab to the right and you can find them there at the right price.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Advice for an '02 Dodge 2500 Oil Burner