Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Chrome Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
JDH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Wheels

So my Chrome Wheels are just a steel wheel with a chrome skin glued to it. I would like a fifth chrome wheel to go to a five wheel rotation schedule, spare just hangs there kind of a wast of good rubber.

Is it possable to buy the skin and install on the spare steel rim? or is the only choice finding a takeoff chrome wheel.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chrome Wheels

unless your truck is a dualy then no, it is actualy plated, you would have to buy a new wheel.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
JDH
Rookie

I looked at them it is a skin on the steel and it is not a dual, the newer ones have a chrome aluminum wheel but the 03 that I have is definitly a skin. Is it possable that I have the outside wheels off a dual set?
They look OK you know their round hold tires on keeep the axel form dragging the ground. I have never gone out and bought wheels just to have a better looking one. I would rathe spend money fishing, hunting shooting well just os many thing more important than custom wheels. I would like to do a five tire rotation for the sake of putting off the day when I buy new tires.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

i agree with you JDH...it does look like a chrome "skin" that is glued on or snapped on somehow

Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
cookie_monstr
Professional

pics!!!!

Quick Reply: Chrome Wheels