Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Just joined the Dead VP club

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Batphreak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just joined the Dead VP club

Well, after showing signs of failure for darn near a year my VP finally decided to tell me it's time to go away. Been getting intermittent Dead Pedal and no codes (drives me crazy), it was only happening when the outside temp was above 40Deg, yesterday morning it went dead about 5 times on the way to work and temp was only about 10Deg. So, I ended up ordering the most expensive VP I've seen out there. I had been planning on a Blue Chip since I really like their focus on durability, but they just came out with this Special X a few months ago, promises the same durability and 2-3mpg increase plus a small bump in power.

http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/specials.html

So, anyone here put one of these on yet? If not I 'spose I'll be the forum guinea pig. I should have it by next Friday, haven't really decided if I'm going to put it on myself or pay $275 for a mech. to do it, just don't know if I want to deal with sbu 40Deg temps while I'm putting on an injection pump.

Quick Reply: Just joined the Dead VP club