Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 AM
rtooldad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of Power

Hello all!
I am looking for some help! I have an 05 3500 cuminsquadcab 4x4. I had a Quadzilla STD 100 HP box on it.
A few weeks ago, I heard a POP! come from under the hood while driving. Right after that I felt a major loss of power from say 40 to 70 MPH.
No engine light came on, so I checked all the normal stuff, I changed the fuel filter and the aire cleaner but, no change. I took it into the dealer but they said everything looked good, fuel pressure was fine, the turbo hoses and inner cooler checked out fine and it had 34lbs of boost, and they could not find anything wrong. I have not checked to see if the CAT is pluged up. I pulled the Quadzilla box off to see if that was causing the problem but, no change. I have over 50,000 miles on the truck and it has been great until now. I love this truck, it's like driving a hot rod but, now my Hybrid can out run it. Help!!!! Thanks in advance!
Steve

Old 02-18-2007, 12:43 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional
Default RE: Loss of Power

MMM..... WELL WERE U FLOORING IT WHEN IT POPED? wat were u doing when the "pop" happened?

Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM
rtooldad

I was not flooring it but I had my foot in it. I have noticed a change in the way the engine sounds even at idle and starting it. It just sounds and feels like it's sick! It runs but just not the same.
I usually ran my Quadzilla boxon the second position "70HP" setting.
Thanks

Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I've heard tell that there is a pressure relief valve of some sort on the rail. I have also read that the quadzilla isa "pressure" box. The extra pressure could cause the relief valve to pop open and cause problems. I'm just going off of things I've read. Someone here should be able to shed more light on it.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 AM
rtooldad

Thanks for the info. I hope someone can help shed some light on this problem,
Steve

Quick Reply: Loss of Power