Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Finally doing it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:33 AM
speakle
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally doing it.

I woke up this morning and decided to put this in my truck. http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.c...tart%20Systems

I have done a few systems before but this one is a pain in the a$$.A shortcut I found by using an interface module (saves from using about 3 relays and 20 wires) is the only thing that kept me sane. A simple alarm would be pretty easy but adding in the remote starter makes it 3x more difficult. It is still not finished, I have to go in the morning to radio shack and buy some more resisitors and relays but I have got it now. I have to admit, this truck should be left to the pro's, if not for the web and previous experience I would have really been in a mess.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:43 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: Finally doing it.

Well, I will tell the rest of the story despite zero interest! [&o]I hooked everything up but the remote start would start the truck but the climate controls wouldnt work. Come to findout all the running around I did sunday looking for relays, resistors, and diodes was for nothing. I have to take out the relays I did because I followed some bad information on the install.Other than that its an awesome system.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 AM
usafr
All Star
Default RE: Finally doing it.

It definately looks like one heck of a system. kuddos to you for installing it yourself. I went to civilian tech shcool for electronics and was also taught it by the Air Force, and I still won't touch anything like that.

Quick Reply: Finally doing it.