Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Engine cut outs/hesistates

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
telekellen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine cut outs/hesistates

Hi everyone. New here. '01 2500 Diesel, EZ chip, new transfer and injection pump 40k miles ago, trucks at 115k miles. Just got done driving 1700 miles on my move from Utah to Texas. At about 500 miles into the trip, and right after filling up with a fresh tank of fuel, the engine hesistated and simply didn't seem to be burning fuel efficiently. Anywhere above about 1850RPM it ran horribly and wouldn't accelerate. This all would stop after buring off about 3/8 of a tank of fuel. I thought "well, must have been a bad batch of fuel." but nope, happened everytime I filled up, if fact I stopped filling the tank. Now, it wasn't blowing white smoke, or any smoke for that matter, so I'm hoping its not the injection pump...cause I can't afford that right now! Hopefully there is something wrong with the fuel tank that I can fix...I really don't know...any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Default RE: Engine cut outs/hesistates

Don't know how many diesel pros there are in 2nd Gen but you'll probably get more (and better) responses in the CTD section since your problem appears to be engine specific.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
2000RAM
Default RE: Engine cut outs/hesistates

That's SOMEWHAT what my 2000 dodge ram is doing. Code P-1740 came up for me and it's a TCC Or OD Solenoid Performance... hopefully going in to the dealership tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Engine cut outs/hesistates