Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06' Chrome Rusting out???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 AM
CSU Rammit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' Chrome Rusting out???

Need some help here Dodge Lovers.... please. Have an 03', 05', and a brand new 06' 2500 Cummins. My entire front endon the new rig that is chrome is all rusted out. Haven't had the truck even 6 mo's. Don't have one problem with the 03' or 05's chrome. Took it in to the dealer today, (the new GO, recently changed from John Elway), and they said it would be considered "outside forces" that caused it, namely the mag chloride. Funny that our 03' and 05' with hundred's of thousands of miles more on them don't have a mark on them. Finally talked to the service manager who said that this is happening to all new Durango's and Ram Trucks. This truck has been washed religiously, and garaged every night. So much for "bumper to bumper"What do I do??? Thanks for any help! ~JP

Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
BLEWMONEY
Rookie
Default RE: 06' Chrome Rusting out???

YOU NEED TO CALL 1-800-992-1997, THAT IS CHRYSLER CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE....I WORK IN A DODGE DEALER AND HAVE NOT SEEN 1 INSTANCE LIKE YOU ARE DESCRIBING. CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL OPEN A CARE AND REFER YOU TO A PERTICULAR DEALER AND ILL BET THE PARTS GET REPLACED...IF NOT EMAIL ME BACK ILL FIND OUT WHAT TO DO NEXT. I HAVE AN 06 3500 DRW AND MINE IS PERFECT.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
kingdog
Professional

I have an 2007 and the wife ( of all the people ) noticed rust on the rear bumper and snapped on me. It was been snowing and wet roads, so no chance to clean up yet for a good look, but she did see it.

I will have a chance to clean it this weekend as we will be above 0 then, and then I will get a better look at it

Ralph

Old 03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Local Yokel
Professional

Mine is clean. Talked to my dad who works at a Dodge stealership and said no problems whatsoever with rust and were in salt everything Illinois ....

Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Ben D.
Champion

my pops has an 06 1500 and he front and rear chrome hasn't got any rust and we live in PA where they love to salt a lot

Quick Reply: 06' Chrome Rusting out???