Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Life of Drew's Brew

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
chukar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life of Drew's Brew

So prior to the winter fuel coming out I went and purchased a bunch of PS-White and MMO to mix up. Had some old PS-Grey bottles I had been keeping to mix it in so I could always have one or two in the tool box when I filled up out of town. Now I got a whole shelf full of Brew mixed up with the PS-White and winter is almost over. (Or at least it is acting like it around here this week)

If I leave the mix in the garage until next winter will it still be good, or does it get stale like some other fuel products?

When do they usually stop filling the stations with winter blend?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use the PS-White brew with the non-winter fuel, but if it won't hurt it to sit until next winter, than I wouldn't have to stock up that much with PS-White next fall either.

Any ideas on if it is good, bad, or indifferent to leave it on the shelf for 6-8 months once the seal has been opened?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2007, 02:23 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Life of Drew's Brew

Don't know, you might add some Sta-bil or something like it to preserve it.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Life of Drew's Brew

Why not just use up what brew you have mixed so that you don't have to worry if it will go bad. It will not hurt your engine to use what you have until it's all gone. My self I still have just over 2 gallons of winter mix and I'll keep using it until it all gone and then move on to summmer blend. Once its warm you could just add 3-4 oz of summer PS to each batch of winter blend you have to up the centane.

Quick Reply: Life of Drew's Brew