Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Intake baffels removed from stock air tube

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:18 PM
jakeman711
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake baffels removed from stock air tube

I have a 2006 2500 quad cab. I just bought it 3 weeks ago and have been coming here, and have just been too chicken to post. I removed my turbo ring and it made the turbo louder, but not loud enough. I took my stock air tube out and removed the baffles in the middle, and the ribs on the out side. As soon as I can get pics up I will show ya. Do this at you rown risk! I assume no responsibilty for the consequences and reprocussions that come from removal of the baffles, or what happens during the process. You will need black permatex silicon adhesive. I bought it al Wal Mart for 3.50 or something like that.Anyways all a person has to do is take your air tube out and take the elbows off. Next find the end of the tube that has only one arrow on it. This is the side that is on top when in the vehicle. If you look closely you can see that the top of the tube is a seperate piece from the main tube itself. If you pry with a standard screwdriver CAREFULLY!!! all the way around, only prying a little and moving around it will come apart. IT may take a few times around before she sstarts to budge, but eventually it will. Once you get it a part you can just dump the baffles and ribbed sleeve out of the tube. Next bust out the permatex and put a nice even bead around the rim of the tube. Place the top back on it and let stand till adhesive is set. ( I put the tube on my bench, and put a gallon paint can on it to make sure it was tight. After it is set put your elbows back on (making sure you align the arrows and the tabs on the elbows)and put it back in the truck. Wow is it loud. Well I hope this helps. I am looking forward to the ball bashing I am going to get. LOL. -Jake

Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Intake baffels removed from stock air tube

Ive had mine out for quite a while. . .I think I yanked mine about a month after I got mine.

if you cut just behind the ridge there will still be enough meat for the connectors to have something to hold onto. no need to superglue anything back together.

also, if you want to make it louder
NAPA 2790 air filter.

the first photo has the stock filter on the left.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7365/6B005DB636374D2F8B963F81C9EF964C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7365/1D9C0A120DDD4837A5BE3D63643862EE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intake baffels removed from stock air tube

ORIGINAL: jakeman711

I have a 2006 2500 quad cab. I just bought it 3 weeks ago and have been coming here, and have just been too chicken to post. I removed my turbo ring and it made the turbo louder, but not loud enough. I took my stock air tube out and removed the baffles in the middle, and the ribs on the out side. As soon as I can get pics up I will show ya. Do this at you rown risk! I assume no responsibilty for the consequences and reprocussions that come from removal of the baffles, or what happens during the process. You will need black permatex silicon adhesive. I bought it al Wal Mart for 3.50 or something like that.Anyways all a person has to do is take your air tube out and take the elbows off. Next find the end of the tube that has only one arrow on it. This is the side that is on top when in the vehicle. If you look closely you can see that the top of the tube is a seperate piece from the main tube itself. If you pry with a standard screwdriver CAREFULLY!!! all the way around, only prying a little and moving around it will come apart. IT may take a few times around before she sstarts to budge, but eventually it will. Once you get it a part you can just dump the baffles and ribbed sleeve out of the tube. Next bust out the permatex and put a nice even bead around the rim of the tube. Place the top back on it and let stand till adhesive is set. ( I put the tube on my bench, and put a gallon paint can on it to make sure it was tight. After it is set put your elbows back on (making sure you align the arrows and the tabs on the elbows)and put it back in the truck. Wow is it loud. Well I hope this helps. I am looking forward to the ball bashing I am going to get. LOL. -Jake
did you take any pictures?
if so please post them.

Quick Reply: Intake baffels removed from stock air tube