Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

EGR delete ? :s

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Lil-evil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR delete ? :s

Hey guys, I'm new to this website so hopefully I'm writing this in the write spot but bare with me. I have an 07 diesel with the 6.7L motor and I have a dpf delete kit coming. I crawled under there yesterday to look and noticed some tubes going into the exhaust pipe in a few places. I take it that's something to do with the egr cooler? I was wondering if I have to do an egr delete when I do a dpf delete? If not what do I do with those tubes underneath? I don't really want to do a egr delete right now so I'm hoping I can by pass it. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EGR is far more detrimental to your engine than the DPF is.

You don't have to delete the EGR, but since obviously you're not concerned with remaining EPA legal, there's no reason to keep it.

You will throw codes, unless you're getting some flavor of programmer with your DPF delete.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Lil-evil

Well maybe eventually I could delete it but I don't wanna get into doing it right now. The dpf delete comes with something that resets the codes. The wiring costed 400 cdn so I hope it works. But do you know what I would do with those tube things on the exhaust if I were to leave the egr in for now?

Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
horatio102
Champion

Do the tubes go to a sensor back by the trans? Do they come from (1) before and (1) after the DPF? If so, those are pressure tubes, they'll get deleted. What they do is tell the ECM if there is a lot of resistance through the DPF - which is thinks is a high soot load in the DPF that will trigger a regen.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Lil-evil

Yup thats exactly the ones. To my understanding you just leave them exposed to open air?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
horatio102
Champion

Yeah, just pull the hoses off the sensor - don't try to leave the tubes hanging.

Quick Reply: EGR delete ? :s