Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Vibration in rearend

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:27 PM
canmaninusa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration in rearend

I just bought a 2005 Ram 2500 QuadCab with the Cummins. Love the truck have wanted one for years. First time take it out on the road between 65-80mph there is a very noticeable vibration. The dealer i purchased from is 1 1/2hrs from where i live. Thus i opted to take it to a closer dealer because this is obviously a WARRANTY issue. Well 2 times later and shimming this and shimming that the vibration is still there? The Service receptionist informed myself that there are a number of Trucks out there New 2005's with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did you ever get it resolved? If so what was the fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. [:@]

Old 07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Vibration in rearend

Take a look here. Perhaps it can shed some light on the subject.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
canmaninusa

Thanks for the insight, unlike the other guy, I only have 2000miles on mine with no lift kit. Don't think its anything to do with front end because you don't feel in the steering. But is definately noticable. Will print this out and take it in hopefully they won't blow me off. I looked last time and the work that they SAID they did, well, it didn't appear like they did anything more than make me sit around for 3 hrs then drive the truck up front and say its done. I'm finding out like everyone else i'm sure, that your much more important when your a potetial sale then after you've made the purchase!

Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

It can be a number of things. First I'd look at the wheels to see if you've thrown a wheel weight. If not, I'd look to the u-joints and drive shaft being out of balance. Not that common, but it does happen. Hell, my wife's Explorer just had the rear end rebuilt for the 2nd time with all new parts, new drive shafts to the wheels and a new drive shaft from the tranny to the rear carrier. Damn IRS.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
canmaninusa

Osteo,

Well had the truck into the dealer,AGAIN...... Driveline and U-joints replaced, as well the tires were rebalanced! NO CHANGE! Had to take service tech out on the road to EXPERIENCE the ride. He became a believer. No he's said his next plan of action is to check the Axle to see if its bent etc. I smell a LEMON law in the works here. Now my Drivers side windows is knocking on the roll up and down. I guess this was a Monday morning or Friday afternoon rig. ......Regardless I'm quite pissed at all the time of sitting around waiting then getting it back in the same condition. Any more ideas? Thanks Jason [:@]

Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

Tire pressure. I know, stupid thing, but sometimes it's the small things you never would think of.

Quick Reply: Vibration in rearend