Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is the diesel truck worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Arishok
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the diesel truck worth it?

I know a little about trucks, but I'm just trying to learn more. I'm looking to buy my first diesel truck. Iv'e been looking around online and I came across one that shoots at me. Could someone tell me if it's a good deal? And if it is or isn't why? Thanks! http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...6sf2Nm%3Dmiles

Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if chrome and stacks are your thing...sure. low mileage for an 04, and being a common rail its capable of making a LOT of horsepower if you want it to.

hopefully it has a built auto in it...

Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's only a hair less than I sold my 08 for, and it didn't have chrome stacks. Oh, but mine did have a suncoast stuffed transmission and it came with an intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, h&s programmer, egr delete, along with all of the stock bits.

I'd say they're a little high, but I know everyone is asking way too much for 3rd gen trucks regardless of year.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd want to know if the tranny was stock or not. If its stock then a bit lower on the price if its built and has papers to prove it then price is not bad for a dealer.

Quick Reply: Is the diesel truck worth it?