Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Black Death

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 AM
mtman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Death

I just traded in my 2002 CTD for an 03'. I removed the muffler and installed the Edge Juice with Attitude. It now runs like I imagined it would however it doesn't smoke hardly at all no matter how I adjust everything. Is this normal for the Edge? It seems that everyother chipped diesel in town puts off more smoke than a forest fire, so I am wondering why I am getting the performance without the smoke.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Black Death

if memory serves me correct, 03 is when Cummins moved to the CP3 injector pump and electric injectors. what this means is the engine runs more efficiently and the more efficient the engine the less smoke it will put out.

if you realy want smoke though I believe the TST power max chip will get you the black cloud of death your looking for. plus the 10 settings gives you power to grow into. I read where one guy pushed his stock 04 to level 10 and saw turbo boost go through the roof, then he lost his oil pump adn blew the turbo[:@]

Old 11-07-2005, 02:00 AM
mtman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I am definately not looking for the cloud I was just surprised when it never came. And without an exhaust turbo or anything else I was surprised that it ran that efficiently.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotcha

I like to see billowing clouds of smoke myself. and even though my truck is still stock if I push it just right I can get a nice puff. however, the downside to all that fun is that what is comeing out is unburned fuel and with fuel prices today I dont push the engine like I used to, but on occasion I still enjoy to fill the cabin of ricers with some smokey goodness[8D]

Quick Reply: Black Death