Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Member and Some Drivetrain Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:18 AM
TKulak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member and Some Drivetrain Questions

Hello, I am new to this forum but new to these trucks. I have owned a 94 3/4 LWB, a 95 Reg Cab 1 Ton and an 05 Crew Cab 3/4, all Diesels. My newest acquisition may have been a mistake.

I bought a 97 1 ton, Diesel, automatic with 168k on the odometer. The truck has some small issues, but I have a couple that I need to ask about as I have never run into them before.

1. The transmission appears to have been rebuilt, but will not downshift when you are running down the highway and mash the throttle down. Any suggestions here?

2. The turbo seems much quieter than any of my previous trucks, is this a concern?

3. The rearend has some slop in it (this may be an issue for non power train). Any suggestions there.

I really need to get this thing up to snuff so any suggestions would be appreciated. I am very well versed in gas engines, but I have to admit even though I have owned several diesels, I am pretty ignorant of them.

Thanks,

Todd
_______

Quick Reply: New Member and Some Drivetrain Questions