Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

AFE stock replacement filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM
MrSlug
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFE stock replacement filter

I have been on the fence about swapping out my intake. Right now it's fairly easy to get my truck back to stock, by removing the Edge Juice. I know a good mechanic will still know something is up. I just want to keep the engine stock until the 36K warrenty is gone.

Anyway, I found this:

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....r=AFE-73-10102

at Geno's. I doubt I will see any gains from it in terms of HP, but I do like the fact it is washable. Will do a write up on it once I get it installed.

And oh Yes, Mayfair, I bought my Nipply Oily Changey dealy too! Now I just need a bumpersticker that says, "Got Nipple?"

Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
jagj52
Rookie
Default RE: AFE stock replacement filter

Dude... why spend that much when you can get a true flow for almost half the cost????????

Old 02-16-2007, 12:54 AM
bekim
Professional

Your warranty is 100,000 on the motor!
Mike
###

Old 02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Yes I know the AFE is more expensive. TDR has done extensive testing on the ProGuard 7, hence the reason I am willing to pay the price. Saving 40 bucks on a 5K+ motor is silly. Not saying the true flow is bad, just saying there has been some great write ups in TDR on the Proguard stuff.

Yes I know the Cummins Warrenty on the motor is 100K. I want to at least get passed the 36K bumper to bumper before I start ripping out and replacing. DC can and will void your entire bumper to bumper if they deem the truck has been abused through modifications.Before you quote the Warrenty law, I know all about it. I went through great pains when my 97 Camero Z28 had to be bought back as a lemon. The fight just was not worth it.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:11 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

I have been real happy with mine. I went with theProgaurd 7mainly becouse of the reveiws in the TDR as well as others and becouse it breaths better than stock (and most others tested) while out performing Chryslers filtration specs (and most others tested).

Having said that I would suggest 1 thing.

Buy 2.

The cleaning process basically means it will be out the truck for a few days. Ofcourse you could just throw the old stocker inwhile it dries but its a good (tested) filter and worth the coinI think.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:45 AM
MrSlug
Veteran

BlkRam,

Great Advice. Never thought of that. Will keep the stocker (it aint too dirty yet) as a replacement so I can clean the Proguard and still drive the truck.

Quick Reply: AFE stock replacement filter