Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

srt10 salvage

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
matsram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt10 salvage

i have a chance to get a wrecked 06' sc srt10 truck id like to use it for a corbra kit car i have. i like to know if you guys have a lot of issues with theses engines? im looking to keep it stock and reliable. i have the 1500 ram with the hemi and it has the "tick sound" thing that the factory says is ok! and the power steering has been in and out a couple of times for leaks so you know what i mean when i say reliable.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:29 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: srt10 salvage

The GEN III Viper V10 has a fainttick, but it is the fuel injectors. If you are going to leave the engine stock you should not have any issues.

Are you taking other parts off this truck? If not it would just be cheaper to get a used V10, there is almost one at any point in time on EBay.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
matsram
Professional

i got a friend at the insurance company that told me about it. i guess what he told me the front end was still good it just had hard it to the side where the gas tank is at. being i have an 03 i thought about swapping front sheet metal and the wheels (all three of them). he said i would be able to get it before it went to auction and the price gets driven up, but he hasn't said how much yet though.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:56 PM
homerj_db

I had 2 HEMI vehicles.
'04 Durango
'05 RAM 1500 (sold)
my neighbor has a RAM HEMI as well.
both trucks had theHEMI "tick" but not the Durango
They are great powerful engines, never had a single problem w/ any of them.

Quick Reply: srt10 salvage