Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

New SRT10 owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
SRT10ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SRT10 owner with questions

I just got a CPO 04 Ram SRT-10 ... and ILOVE IT!

I have a few initial questions -

1) What exhaust do most seem to prefer/recommend ? Borla or Magnaflow? I am leaning towards the mag.

2) I know that dodge says the truck is not recommended for towing, but sinceI have a hard bedcover, there will be timesI need to pull my 5x8 trailer. Does anyone know what kind of hitch I can install on the srt-10? Will the factory mopar dodge ram hitch work?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New SRT10 owner with questions

Welcome.

1. It is all preference. I have the Magnaflow. There is a ride of the month section at the top of the site. This weekend there will be a couple videos (with sound) of my truck, of course I have a little more than the Mangaflow.

2. The stock hitch will hook up, but you have to butcher your bumper. If you plan to tow I highly recommend a clutch upgrade (centerforce is the popular SRT aftermarket clutch). It is possible it was already done, should ask the previous owner.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 AM
srt10boy
Rookie

Can you actually tow with the SC? I was told it was NOT a good idea as it would damge the transmission.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

If you look in your SRT-10 manual, the single cab say's that there is 0 towing campacity and if I'm not mistaken I believe its 6 or 8 hundred pounds in the bed of truck. I looked it up in my manual and that is what it told me.

Quick Reply: New SRT10 owner with questions