Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

SRT's in Snow + Sand Bags.. Will it help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM
SRTDreamer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT's in Snow + Sand Bags.. Will it help?

I had a quick question about SRT-10's in the snow. I know that everyone says that these trucks arent the best in rain and they do even worse in the snow. My question is, How much help would weighing down the bed with sand bags help? I am looking at buying an SRT-10 and 85% of my driving would be down at college in Texas, but in December i go home for Christmas and i would be driving my truck home. I wouldnt be driving it to much when i get home, but there are some nights were i might get stuck in a little bit of snow. Would it help at all to get a bunch of sand bags and throw them in the bed before i go out? Say anyone ever driving there SRT-10 in the snow with sand bags? if so, please let me know what your experience was.

Thanks guys!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
srt10boy
Rookie
Default RE: SRT's in Snow + Sand Bags.. Will it help?

live in nw arkansas, might help but keep it around 40 in 5th, low rpms r the key

Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Nicky B
Captain

My advice to you would be to put the sand bags in atleast 150-250pounds worth. And change the tires and rims on the rear to 18's or 20's and buy the best snow and rain tires you can afford.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 AM
ANT818

I'm in the same position. I've done my research and this is what I've come up with:
Due to the size of the calipers, you can only use either 22" or 20" rims.
There are no cheap steel rims available in either 20" or 22" that will fit the SRT10.
So its not the end of the world to spend another $800.00 on a set of orginal srt10 rims from ebay.
However, there are no snow tire that I've been able to find that are that big.
The third and most important, due to the width of the tires, the handling in the snow will suck. The wide don't allow you to cut through the snow. More like a plow. My decision is to leave it in the driveway and take the Mini Cooper.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Iowa, you wanna talk about crappy winter weather and rain and everything else you can think of then just ask me. I have been the owner of 5 different vehicles and I have never had 4 wheel drive and I have driven through some of the worst snowing conditions you can imagine outside of states like colorado or alaska in which you are really gonna need a 4x4. You should be alright just be extremely extremely careful.

Quick Reply: SRT's in Snow + Sand Bags.. Will it help?