Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Cleaning the engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
dodgesrt05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning the engine

any recommendations on cleaning the srt enging compartment? I would like to take it to this Drivers Source company around the corner from home that sells nothing but high end speed vehicles for people with money.
Their detailing service runs from 100 on up depending on what you want done and type of vehicle is being detail.
my main concern is cleaning the engine and wonder if spraying it with water would hurt it any.

any thoughts, comments???
thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning the engine

Before I put my SC on I had sprayed mine off with water a couples times. As long and you do not sit there and keep pouring the water on it should be fine. I then took rags and dried it all by hand.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM
srt10boy
Rookie

if you want to do it yourself u can use simple green (50% mixed with water)by wiping it by hand and lightly rinsing it and the drying it by hand. tedious work but better than paying someone else to do it. It has worked well for me without any problems. Don't use a power washer though, I bet the guys at the shop would probably do it that for convenience.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

I do the engine by hand.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
srt10boy
Rookie

out of curiosity, what do u use?

Old 04-13-2008, 07:52 AM
udi34

I usually use oven cleaner on my blocks and heads and found dawn dish soap great as a cleaner for most of ther rest of the compartment
I use a 3200 grit sandpaper on my pulleys and alt followed by a claybar.However i have a durango but don't know that would make a difference.simple green mix is also great degreaser.purple power is good as well.we have a cleaner on the rig i work on called white lightning
superstrong but don't if they make acommercial version could check for you. p.s.those are all killer trucks.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
03 durango
k&n cold air
3"dynomax catback
32"s
custom interior
next upgrades fastman tb,lift,power programmer

Quick Reply: Cleaning the engine