Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Right Hand Drive Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
edeanbutler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Hand Drive Conversion

I have two SRT-10's in the UK (black regular cab, Yellow Fever quad cab) and am interested in converting these to right hand drive. There are people doing this in the UK for crazy money ($18,000), but it cannot be that expensive to do the work (which I can do in my own shop if I know where to obtain whatever is required). I do not know if Dodge makes any of the parts required. Dodge pickups are not made for the UK or Australian markets, and I do not know of any RHD markets where the pickups are sold. Maybe parts from other RHD vehicles can be used. Does anyone know more about this? How about you Australians?

By the way, I have installed Borla exhaust systems on my SRT-10's (and a Magnum RT). The fit is excellent, installation is easy (as long as you have access to a lift) and the exhause note improvement is worth the cost. The vehicles remain very quiet at idle and low throttle, but the full-er throttle sound is vastly improved, especially on the Magnum with a Hemi. The Viper engine will never sound quite like a V8!

Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM
big asp
Veteran
Default RE: Right Hand Drive Conversion

Can't help you with the RHD but wondered if you bought your exhaust direct from Borla. Did you get a deal? Any seat-of-the-paints improvement? I'm in the process of shopping for a catback for my truck.

Are you ever going to take your truck over to the continent and run on the autobahn?

Old 01-24-2005, 09:10 PM
v8yob
Default RE: Right Hand Drive Conversion

I think the RHD conversion parts originate from the Chrysler importer in New Zealand. Dunno much more but a UK converted Ram I saw had ****e hood shutlines - easily sorted I spose. Couldn't tell from the inside tho. Are you bringing in SRTs to the UK?

Quick Reply: Right Hand Drive Conversion