Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

pulley alignment

Old 09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
04RCSRT10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulley alignment

First off i wana intruduce myself.. names Travis i live in BC Canada and im a proud owner of a 04 SRT 10, i actually traded in a ford for it as far as mods i got on it so far.. it came with tinted windows, the truck orignaly is a US truck so i no in some states down there your aloud tint on the side windows.. n e ways the first thing i did was hack the muffler off, becuase im cheap and didnt have the money at the time for the borla i wanted i went with just 2 plan old glass packs.. and beleave it or not it sounds good.. my unlce has a QC yellow fever and he has the magnaflow on his and hate to say it but mine sounds better.. also a little louder yet deeper tone. n e ways i ended up putting on a k&N kit.. then ended up taking it off cuz i found out about the Volant kit that utilize's the ram air hood.. so if n e ones lookin for a k&n mines sittin here. i recently picked up a lowering kit i havent had time to install because i broke my pelvic riding dirt bikes.. I gota say these are sweet trucks... i went from a 01 WS6 to this truck.. o ya one other mod i would recomend is stripping the clear coat off the rims... there alot shinier.. but u do have to start polishing if u do this and drive daily.. Well now that u no my life story heres my problem.. after a week of driving the truck he belt started to squel.. i though no big deal a new one thro local parts store was only $20 so bought the new one and was it a pain in the a$$ to put on.. but after all said and done fired it up no squel.. then i get to work and its squeling again so i pop the hood and the belt has shifted off the pulleys.. bye only 1 rib tho.. so i put it back on same thing happens the next day but this time 1 full rib blew up rite off the belt.. so its now a 6 rib belt.. after checking it out more closly my crank pulley is pushed out towards the rad.. this is why it keeps breaking the 1 rib... if i have the belt on the inside of the crank pulley it lines up perfect to the outside of the rest of the pulleys.. this is how it is now... doesnt squel to much and bin working fine.. but why would my crank pulley be pushed out a full rib?? are the harmonic balancers pressed on to the crank and i just gota get it pushed back on?? i did grab the pulley with my hand without the belt and it seemed solid.. i didnt bother trying to find the bolts on the pulley to try and tighten them becuase its so tight in there and i was frustrated enough.. any advice?? thanx, great web site

Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK until you check the torque of the pulley bolt. It is a VERY common issue on these trucks for the pulley to work loose. Should be around 110-120 ft/lb (the big bolt). Get use to checking it, do it when you change oil.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 AM
04RCSRT10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx alot for the reply.. Bye the way sweet TA.. heres a pic of my old girl

Attached Thumbnails pulley alignment-myta.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Turns out it was a loose pulley bolt, everyone should take this as a warning and check it at every oil change, does not take long.

I just bought my TA, now my DD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pulley alignment