Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

SRT 10 Ram Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 AM
ruready
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT 10 Ram Quad Cab

Hey does any one have any performance #'s on the new Quad Cabs? I just went through a very painful process deciding which one I wanted, the regular cab or the 4 door. I originally ordered my red 2 door back in Jan. 2003 and 2 weeks ago my local dealer finally just got it along with a black 2 door and a black 4 door.
I am still torn as to whether or not I made the wright choice. I decided on the 4 door because it looks more like a "sleeper" but man do I ever like the red 2 door.
The main reason that I bought it is because my uncle has a collection of hot rods, mainly chevy that I wanted to give a very good run for their money - even though mine is a lot more expensive. He has a 35th anniv. camaro that is sitting in his garage under a cover that I would love to be able to compete against. Am I dream'n or do I stand a chance?
Will the higher gears in the rear end of the Quad Cab auto matic compensate enough for the extra wieght over the standard or will the standard have the Quad for Breakfast?
Please help sort out my dilema(s)!
Jeff

Old 02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Danko
Default RE: SRT 10 Ram Quad Cab

Jeff........THINK!!!! Heavy 6 speed or even heavier truck with a 4 speed? One has great performance and the other is good for towing but not as good as a diesel. Your dilemna has only one possible outcome if you are serious about performance other than towing. If DCX/DKX would get on the ball and stop selling 4 speed automatics (like GM still does with cars, trucks, GTO's, Vettes and SSR's) and offer 5, 6 or 7 speeds, the 4 door might make more sense but these two vehicles are intended for entirely different purposes. Do you have kids and NEED a 4 door? My neighbor is the boss of Roy O'Brien Ford and my wife patiently went with me to look at Lightnings in 2003 when they had some for sale for $24,995. When she saw what I wanted she put her foot down and insisted if we were getting a pickup, we had to have four doors. We ended up getting two new F150 Harley-Davidsons, a 2002 and a 2003. If you need a four door get one, but if you need to tow, get a diesel? If you are after performance and really want a DKX (Kryzlur) product, why not the new SRT-8's? That Magnum SRT-8 is gorgeous and functional.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:11 AM
big asp
Veteran

Hey, Ruready! Welcome to the elite group of SRT-10 owners or, as some call it, the red button club. Here is a link to John Hennessey's results from getting baseline performance numbers on a QC SRT-10 before adding modifications: http://www.**********/forums/showthread.php?t=1479

Both QC and RC trucks are incredible and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. The QC is about 500 lbs. heavier than a RC so it's naturally a little slower. Remember, the SRT-10 is not only about drag racing. It can carve mountain roads, achieve remarkable top speeds, cruise the streets with 500 watts blaring, drive cross country in comfort and even haul lumber - all with a major dose of attitude. In your case, your truck can run with your uncle's cars at the track and then tow them home.

Danko is right, four doors are important if you have a family, a diesel can't be beat for towing and the other SRT models are great performers. However, your truck can do all of those things and do them extremely well.

BTW, both '05 RCs and QCs have the same 4.56 rear end gears.

Congratulations and come join us at *********.***.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: big asp

Hey, Ruready! Welcome to the elite group of SRT-10 owners or, as some call it, the red button club. Here is a link to John Hennessey's results from getting baseline performance numbers on a QC SRT-10 before adding modifications: http://www.**********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479
I was going to mention that same link. 13.29 in the 1/4 is excellent performance. The only mods for that were exhaust and intake. The QC stock runs 13.7 or so, as shown by another SRT10 forum member. That's only about a second slower than what a good driver can do in the RC.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:54 PM
big asp
Veteran

You're right. I hadn't read the link in a while and forgot what the exact times were and that it had the CAI and catback. Those would have been incredible times without the mods.

Quick Reply: SRT 10 Ram Quad Cab