Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question.....

Well, i figure Lance will be the only one to reply to this but i could be wrong.....anyways, of all the yrs I worked at a dodge dealer, we never had any SRT10's come in so I'm wondering if you know of any common issues that they have been having...reason being, is I'm lookin at buying a 04 RC with 38K miles and just wonderin if you know of any issues before I get into it too much more...still got a little more research to do on it as well...thanks

Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Stock clutch is weak, find out if it has been replaced and if so with what.
2. Stock Pirelli tires suck (ride quaility), but at 38K they should be gone, just hope they were not replaced with the same junk.
3. Stock shifter has 3rd gear issues when shifting hard, see if it has been replaced with an aftermarket.
4. Crank pulley works loose, just have to check it at oil change time, 110-120 ft/lb
5. The 04 has no knock sensor, so run 93+ at ALL TIMES.

Beyond that I would not call anything issues. There are plenty of upgrades that some would call "required", but they are not issues.

Oh, one more "issue". Any drivetrain mod gets a good portion of the "Viper tax", which means it costs more than a comparable V8 upgrade.

A 04 with 38K on the clock, at this time, pay no more than 20-21K. Of course there are other factors, vehicle history, mods....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the QuadCab? Anything going bad on them? If I remeber correctly they should come with the automatic transmission right?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

QCs are all autos and detuned from the factory to "save the tranny" and allow them to tow rate the truck. A QC screams for a PCM flash.

Quick Reply: question.....