Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Rotor Wear??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
SRT10YELLOWFEVER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rotor Wear??

Had an interesting Saturday afternoon and want to see what you guys think...
Pulled wheels and calipers off to replace front brakes. Rotor had small lip on outer edge, didnt think it needed it, but was gonna get them turned. First brake job on this truck since purchase in 07. Took in they check thickness before turning. Below the limit for them to legally turn...... I know the ceramic pads from the factory are abrasive but wow. Am I gonna have to replace rotors each time i need brakes? Any ideas, sympothy, or point and laugh???? 425 dollar brake jobs suck. Truck has 30,000 miles on it now.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not think the truck has ceramic pads on it from the factory.

As for the rotors never really heard of issues there, but $425 doing it yourself, that is crazy. Find a new parts store. Rotors are $50 max each and toss in another $100 for nice pads. Mine look very good, but only have 13K on them.

I am guessing your have a QC?

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 03-28-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
SRT10YELLOWFEVER

Yes I have a QC. Well the rotors were the only ones or actually cheapest at 150 each. i looked all over thought i found some for 60 but said exclude use on SRT model.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 AM
SRT10YELLOWFEVER

Your vehicles look like showroom condition.... Nice work on truck engine.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
VKIRKEND
Amateur

Originally Posted by SRT10YELLOWFEVER
Yes I have a QC. Well the rotors were the only ones or actually cheapest at 150 each. i looked all over thought i found some for 60 but said exclude use on SRT model.
Yes, the rotors seem to be the weakest link on these trucks. I had to replace my rotors because after deciding to change the pads and have rotors trued up i found they were at the limit already. I was old Chrysler did this to cut down on the weight of the truck. Really dumb move if you ask me. And yes the rotors are not cheap! That's about what I paid for them at a NAPA parts store. I had mine changed last year but experienced the pulsing when I first bought the truck w/ 17,000 miles on it. I replaced the rotors last year @ 24,000 miles and have not had problems since.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
dan440

Figure on replacing stock rotors at every pad change on OE parts. Figure replacing at about 20K

Quick Reply: Rotor Wear??