Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

"It" almost happened, sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:29 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default "It" almost happened, sort of...

So I put on a Roe throttle body today and went for a drive. Was driving around for about 20 minutes and found myself on a road that was telling me... Open it up... So I drop down to 2nd @ 50MPH and nail it, hit 3rd nice and hard. Loving the pull! Left off about 3/4 the way through 3rd and coasted to the next intersection where I turn to head back home. Here is the bad part... As I turn and accelerate I hear a ticking!! Uh oh! Did one of the screws come loose from the TB and get into a cylinder... Did I fry a piston, bend a push rod.... Who knows. You know the story on these engines and boost! So I limp it home. When in traffic and taking off it sounds really bad, but almost like an exhaust leak though. Once home I open the hood right away, to hot to feel around. I just shut it down and go in the house a little bummed. An hour later I decide I want to pull the valve cover to see if I have a bad spring, push rod, rocker, ect. I pull the ignition wires and that is when I see a little carbon buildup near the header. YES!! I put the wires back on, fire it up and now that it is cool and I have an idea of an area of issue I put my finder down there.... EXHAUST IS LEAKING! Best thing I have had happen to me in a LONG time. I have to assume this was my ticking and bad sound. I guess once I get a new gasket I will know for sure. I must say I have NEVER blew an exhaust gasket before, but glad that is all I did do, or at least so it seems.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 03-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:14 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That missng piece is somewhere on RT. 2 in Ohio.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 AM
bgbluram2
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew, that could have been bad! Glad it was just an exhaust gasket.

Quick Reply: "It" almost happened, sort of...