Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Question regarding SRT

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
dk88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding SRT

Why there is no regular cab srt-10 with automatic transmission? does the transmission dont fit in it because it is more short?

some say that an american car cant drive fast over a longer time. can you drive this truck on 120 mph over long time without problems?
here on the autobahn you have a lot of parts on which you can drive free.

whats the top speed of a srt?

the srt is dope, no matter what. but in winter you just driving in circles, right? so much power on the backwheels together with no weight on the rear.

best would be a 4x4 drive, so it would be the perfect car. but could you change the drive to 4x4? you would need the drivestrain of a truck with similar power. but I cant think of one. maybe the srt8 jeep, but this has 100hp less.

Last edited by dk88; 12-16-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. why on earth would you want an automatic when it has a T-56 manual in it?!
2. with that T-56 trans in there and some good Z rated tires: sure why not?

3. probably not the best vehicle in the snow
4. top speed is governed @ 150mph but you can flash the ECM with a programmer and eliminate the speed governor.
5. you could just swap that motor into a 4x4 truck, but weight of the xfer case and extra drive axle will slow it a bit.

If you're going to go that far, why not just put some custom axle ratio's in a cummins truck that is already 4x4, throw injectors, a programmer and twins on there and run that? more hp, more tq, and engine lasts 5x as long...? just sayin...

I wouldn't change the trans in the SRT10...that transmission is the same 6-spd that is in a mustang type-R, viper, corvette Z-06, and camaro-Z28/firebird trans-am.

Last edited by Jigabop; 05-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
dk88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
1. why on earth would you want an automatic when it has a T-56 manual in it?!
2. with that T-56 trans in there and some good Z rated tires: sure why not?

3. probably not the best vehicle in the snow
4. top speed is governed @ 150mph but you can flash the ECM with a programmer and eliminate the speed governor.
5. you could just swap that motor into a 4x4 truck, but weight of the xfer case and extra drive axle will slow it a bit.

If you're going to go that far, why not just put some custom axle ratio's in a cummins truck that is already 4x4, throw injectors, a programmer and twins on there and run that? more hp, more tq, and engine lasts 5x as long...? just sayin...

I wouldn't change the trans in the SRT10...that transmission is the same 6-spd that is in a mustang type-R, viper, corvette Z-06, and camaro-Z28/firebird trans-am.
Well thats a good idea I havent thought about yet.
Got some details for me? which ratio, which parts and all that stuff.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Jigabop
Champion

depends on how fast you want to go, and what year you get...

87-93 is first gen 12v cummins with the VE pump, 94-98 is second gen 12v cummins with p7100 pump, 98.5-02 is the 2nd gen 24v cummins with vp44 injection pump, 03-07 is 3rd gen common rail cummins with CP3 pump, 07.5- present is 4th gen 6.7L common rail cummins.

each year series will have different ways of making lots of power. the 12v's do it all mechanically from pump adjustments, fuel plate changes, and bigger injectors and turbo's the 24v's do it with a combo of electronic fueling boxes, injectors, and turbos, and the common rail 24v's do it with programmers, high volume pumps, injectors, and turbos.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:57 PM
CMil527
Champion

The old 4 spd auto in my QC was a a weak link i had to have it replaced about 2 years in with 6,500 miles on the clock!

Quick Reply: Question regarding SRT