Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

need help on a blown motor dodge ram 2500 v10

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:33 PM
flynnzo77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on a blown motor dodge ram 2500 v10

I need help on any info my truck....it started with a bum water pump over the summer and I was putting water into it with no antifreeze....I know, I was asking for it! So any way hears winter and I blew the freez plug....what dose that mean? After that I got a new one put antifreeze in it but it over heated and now I have my oil looking like a milk shake....my question is the motor done and if so dose any one think its worth putting in a new motor and what would the cost be? Thanks for reading my book hear and thank you for any help on this!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 PM
clipper77
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This should be in the 2nd Gen section...

Straight water with no antifreeze...It's been awfully cold around here the past few weeks.

If you blew a freeze plug, it means that the water inside of the cooling system froze and blew the plug out as not to cause damage to the engine.

Unfortunately, if it's over heated and water is getting mixed in with the oil, you probably have a cracked head(s), block, etc from the water freezing inside of the cooling system.

New motors can be had on Craigslist for a couple hundred.

Quick Reply: need help on a blown motor dodge ram 2500 v10