Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

200 dodge van Horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM
roadrunnerruss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 dodge van Horn

Ok, help my horn stoped working, the fuse is good, What and where to next?

P.S. no I don't know where the horn relay is........

Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: 200 dodge van Horn

Firstpull the wire off the horn itself and test for +12v while pressing the horn button. If you have +12v then the horn is shot, if you don't then try a new relay. If you have a fuse box under the hood the relay is usually in there. The horn is down below the driver's headlight assembly.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:06 PM
roadrunnerruss
Default RE: 200 dodge van Horn

Thanks Ill give that a try...

Russ

Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
roadrunnerruss
Default RE: 2000 dodge van Horn

ok I finnaly had time to get backto this problem, I checked to see if I'm getting power to the horn which I found under my driverside head lite.
Rechecked the fuse and it is good.(only one fuse correct?)
No power to the horn ,I dug deeper and removed the air bag from the steering colunm, found that there is no power to the switch in the "pad".
What is the name of the part that connects power to the horn switch form the colunm harness? This name excapes me, it is a round part that usully has contacts that make constant connection without wires. I have tried to find it in repair books but have been at a loss.
I have a good hunch that this is my problem but before I undo the steering wheel and the rest of the colunm I wanted a new on on hand.
side note .....will I need any special tools to removw the wheel or is a standered puller ok.
thanks for your help in advance.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: 2000 dodge van Horn

That part in the column is called a clockspring.
But before you replace that you might want to look at your horn relay. The power (+12v) first goes to the relay coil, then the 2nd coil lead goes to the clockspring. When you press the horn button you're grounding the 2nd side of the horn relay coilcausing it to pull in and sound the horn. Since you're not getting power to the clockspring there's a good chance the horn relay coil has a break in it. The other possibility is the relay coil is just not making good contact in it's socket.

Quick Reply: 200 dodge van Horn