Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B350 Ram Van Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
lmmzr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B350 Ram Van Rattle

I have just replaced the transmission mount and sway bar links hoping to get rid of a rattle that happens when I go over any size bump at any speed (mostly slower than 45mph). It's like a machine gun - there are about 6 rattles in about 2 seconds. The deep clunking rattle travels through the frame making it harder to pinpoint. Wish I could strap myself under the van and see what was going on!

Thanks so much for your help!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 79 Likes on 73 Posts
Default RE: B350 Ram Van Rattle

Does it happen when the front wheels, back wheels, left wheels, or right wheels go over the bump?

Sometimes the protective cover on the top half of a shock will break loose from the shaft and cause a rattle. Does it still do it if you ride the brakes while going over a bump? If not,the anti-rattle springs could be missing from your front brake pads. Check all of your exhaust clamps for looseness. Bang on the catalytic converter, sometime the honeycomb inside breaks and will rattle around.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: B350 Ram Van Rattle

One of my front end rattles was the brake pads rattling around inside the brake caliper. It would dissappear when using the brakes. Hammered down the tangs a little to remove slop.

A current rattle of mine is that the strut rod bushing looks fine but I can grab the rod and easily move it with my hand till I hear a metal on metal sound. New ones have been ordered.

Quick Reply: B350 Ram Van Rattle