Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B3500 Fuel/Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
gsequel1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B3500 Fuel/Window Issue

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out. So I have a 1996 Van 3500. The last time I drove (8 degree out) it was stalling out and bucking. Seemed like it would run ok and then get to like 40 mph and up and start vibrating really bad. I added some fuel thinking maybe it was too low and that didn't really fix anything. I probably only had about 1/4 after fueling. Anyone have any ideas?

Second issue is that my driver side window is down and will not go up. I can hear the motor but no window. Before taking it in can someone lead me in the right direction of what's involved in taking off the door panel or if this issue has happened to someone else?

thanks,

Jamie

Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RE: B3500 Fuel/Window Issue

The vibrating could just be a skipping cylinder caused by a bad plug, wire, distributor cap, fuel injector, frozen fuel line, etc.

The window problem will likely be fixed by replacing the window motor. The drive gear can strip on those.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
gsequel1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to check that out. Any tricks to taking off the door panel?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

There's acouple of screws to remove and then give it a tug. Once the panel is removed, you'll have to reach behind it and unplug the connectors going to any switches mounted in the panel. The hardest part is working the panel over the door handle and lock button, but even that isn't too bad. It helps to push the lock button down so it isn't as tall. Just remember to have another door unlocked or a window down so you don't get locked out. Not that it's going to be an issue with your current dilemma, but it's good practice anyway.

Quick Reply: B3500 Fuel/Window Issue