Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1994 ram van b250. oil pressure problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 AM
bobbyl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 ram van b250. oil pressure problem?

my van has 214,000 miles. i was driving on the freeway 65 mph. van started to shake and oil pressure guage light came on. pulled over and the van died. i tried to restart but the engine is struggling to turn over. i know the oil level was fine, but i decided to check the oil anyway. i pulled the dipstick and it is stuck. i did not have this problem with the dipstick 2 weeks ago when i added a quart of oil. i do not see any oil dripping under the van. what types of problems might i be looking forward to. just fishing for ideas before having it taken to a shop.
Thank You.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: 1994 ram van b250. oil pressure problem?

The OP light might have come on because the engine stumbled anddied. So keep your fingers crossed that there might not be a mechanical problem related to the drop in oil pressure.

As far as why the engine died, it could be due to a dozen different possibilities. The first thing you should do is retrieve the trouble codes from the computer and post them here. From those codes we can help you narrow down the problem with less guessing.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 PM
bobbyl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do not see a place to connect my code finder. i tried to start the van. it turned over and it almost started. there was a big clanging sound in the bottom of the engine. now the engine will not even turn over. i hear the starter click once and then the strain on the battery causes everything to go dead. the battery is only 3 months old.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:31 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Clanking is not good, that could mean you threw a connecting rod or snapped the crankshaft. Most likely it threw a rod and that rod is jambed, resulting in the engine not being able to turn. Hence the big strain on the battery when you try and engage the starter.

The diagnostic connector should be in the center of the engine compartment up around the wiper motor. But I don't think that is going to help you now.

Quick Reply: 1994 ram van b250. oil pressure problem?