Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

AC/Fan Control problem, help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM
rpecori63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Fan Control problem, help please

1998 Ram Van B1500, Elk Conversion.

I'm having some issues with getting Air/AC to blow out front vents. Have no problems with feet/defrost vents. But most of the time whenset to Face, air blows out Defrost and/or Feet. At speed (60mph) Air willnot blow out face vents...when speed is reduced air will switch from defrost/floor vents to face, but not all the time. Or if I adjust temp. control from full cold to a warmer temp the air will switch from defrost/floor vents to face vents. Any ideas of the cause, possible solutions, or tests to narrow the problem would be appreciated.

Very frustrated, looking under dashthere are many vacuum hosescoming from blower control, blower speed control, and temp. control. This has been serviced before for AC problems and speed control, so it might be possible that some vacuum hoses were hooked back up wrong.

Any diagrams of vacuum hose routing? They are color coded.
Help! I need my AC to blow in my Face.

Thanks,
Hot in Florida

Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: AC/Fan Control problem, help please

Here's the vacuum connector pin-out and switch logic. Perhaps these might help you in narrowing down the problem.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49302/813092F3B70E4619BD8CFD09982401CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 AM
rpecori63

Thanks Alloro!

I ended up taking the AC Fan control out and disassembling it with the vacuum hoses still hooked up. The control body is a 3 piece assembly. I did unhook the 2 electrical connectors also.

When I re-assembled it everything worked! Ican onlyattributethe problem being an electricalcontactissue.I believe that was the same problem I had with the fan speed control also.

So for anybody elsewho might haveproblems with the fan control or speed control, you might want to try disassembling the control and re-assemble,your problemcould be just a contact problem.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
rpecori63

Just wanted to add, the fan was still switching to defrost/floor when I got on the highway.

I found one vacuum hose (White) broken off in the engine compartment up front. It broke again when trying to fix it, very aged and brittle. I also found another vacuum line (Black) that was cracked from age in many spots. There are 3 smaller vacuum lines coming thru the firewall that probably are the cause of many fan/blower issues. I will be looking for new vacuum hose to replace the old and brittle original ones.

thanks again Allero

Cool in Florida

Old 05-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with my Chevy Impala with the plastic vacuum line. What I did was find a rubber vacuum line that I could put the plastic one into (I found one that fit very snug) and ran new line back to where the plastic line was not brittle. I hope this helps.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 PM
gerohan

a/c vent in front dash don't work they were but i changed the heater valve and it stopped working how do i fix the problem? anyone?

Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
gerohan

can anyone tell how do the vacuum hoses to a dodge ram van b250 are put together?

Quick Reply: AC/Fan Control problem, help please