Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

97 Ram Van Fuse box label

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try a different testing station first. The problem may be his code reader instead of your van.

Could not be a fuse since the engine is running which indicates the PCM has power and functioning.

A remote possibility is that the OBD-II reader port may have a broken wire but that will require checking it out one wire at a time.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Byounghusband
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAR,
Thanks for those bits of info. I checked all fuses in the glove box and in the engine compartment and all were good. I will have to stop by Auto Zone for them to check it too.... They did have a problem with it once before, just before I had the headlight trouble that went away on it's own.... They also said it was a fuse, and checked and could not find any problems... Is there a way to do a continuity check on the OBDII port?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First check for hot power with the key on at the number 16 pin, it will be the pink wire going into the connector. This comes from the PDC by the radiator. My listing say the 19/20 fuse. I would check both of them. If no power then apply power to that wire. If good then check the following.

Second check for continuity between the C29 pin at the PCM and the #6 pin on the connector.

Third check for continuity between the C27 pin at the PCM and the #7 pin on the connector.

Quick Reply: 97 Ram Van Fuse box label