Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Differences between Van and Truck drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:49 AM
HOOTinKY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between Van and Truck drivetrain

How different are the motors between the Truck version and Van version. For example I'm sure the main block and all are the same but what abouts stuff like exhaust manifolds,alternators, and other additions.

What are the year cut offs between changes in vans? I see alot of manuals cover up to 1988, is 1989 a different beast? I know the motors changed in the early/mid 90's , what about transmissions?

I guess I'm just looking for compatibility for using different truck parts. I have only found one 89 van in a junkyard near me. I now have its grille. there is another van I believe it was a 93 or 94 , nice body and overall really clean except hard side impact. Was wondering if that Magnum motor set up would bolt into my 88. It still had the late 80's body style and features.
Will the axle from a B350 bolt right into my B250 or are the springs/shocks mounted in different locations?

Sorry if I get botherson here but I have 21 years of Van questions. I've had this baby since it got off the delivery truck-literaly. I was there when it arrived at the dealership and bought it that minute, had to come back the next day to drive it home. I rented one of the 95 models for a month but didn't like it so I rebuilt mine like brand new again in 96.

Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 02:00 AM
93'B250
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your're a lot of trouble

Hey, Try www.moparpartsamerica.com Sign up and download the catalog or view it online. I have the 90'-93' and the 94'-96 catalogs and they are a big help. They work through ADOBE so they are searchable. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Differences between Van and Truck drivetrain