Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1995 dodge ram van discovery conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
rntvin1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 1995 dodge ram van discovery conversion

I have a 1995 dodge ram 2500 van with a Discovery conversion........i have 3 problems that i cant figure out....first I have no headlights....i pull the switch on and i have running lights and if i attempt to pull on the high beams they go on as long as i hold the switch back.......2nd I have no blower motor in the front for the fan on the heater /ac.....and third i have no power windows.....I have checked all fuses....just not sure what to do next............this is my familys only transportation and i really need some help.......please someone i am sure has had the same porblem and can tell me what to do so I dont have to spend 100's of dollars

Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts

1. Replace the headlight switch.
2. Replace the blower motor speed resistor.
3. Pull out the power window switch and see if there is power going to it. If there is, replace the switch.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
rntvin1

Thank You
I have replaced the head light switch and it now works...............i will find the part for the blower.......and if I dont have power to the window switch...(the reason I ask is none of the power windows on the left or right doors work

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

You can get the resistor from the dealer for like $10-$15. It's mounted on top of the big black box under the hood on the passenger side, with a 4-wire flat plug going to it.

If you have the dual window switch on the driver's side and it's no good, the passenger window will not work either.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
rntvin1
Smile Power windows

Originally Posted by alloro
you can get the resistor from the dealer for like $10-$15. It's mounted on top of the big black box under the hood on the passenger side, with a 4-wire flat plug going to it.

If you have the dual window switch on the driver's side and it's no good, the passenger window will not work either.

i have removed the dual switch on the drivers side......should i have power in any of the small plug holes on the plate that i removed the switch from......if so none of them have any power.....but i do have on my locks

Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

You should have 12 volts at the switch (with the key on). If you do not, then you might want to check the fuse again. Instead of a fuse, there might be a circuit breaker in the fuse box for the windows. The breaker is usually silver, about 1" long, 1/2" high, and 1/4" wide.

Quick Reply: 1995 dodge ram van discovery conversion