Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
dpacella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air conditioning

I just bought a 2002 ram van 1500/3.9. I was using the A/C and when you put it on MAX A/C that is when it recycle's the air in the van. So when I set to A/C to MAX, shouldn't the blower motor blow even harder then the highest fan setting, when in normal A/C.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 AM
jagass
Professional

I think it's just fine...

Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
dpacella

I have a 05 magnum rt and when I push the recycle button on the A/C the blower motor seems to blow harder

Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Electrically speaking, the blower runs at the same speed on MAX as it does on HIGH. You might get a few more RPMs out of the motor on MAX with the windows closed because you're not building up pressure inside the vehicle. When you're pulling in outside air and the windows are closed, that air has only little holes to escape so pressure builds slightly inside and places more of a load on the blower, causing it to run slower.

On MAX, you're recycling the inside air so no pressure is being built up and the blow runs faster due to less of a load.

Of course when you're on MAX it sounds louder because you now hear the suction side of the blower. This gives the perception of the blower running faster too.

Quick Reply: air conditioning