Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Rear air not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
robldo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rear air not working

I have a 1997 dodge 2500 conversion van. the rear air use to work... but yesterday turned it on and it wouldn't work at all. I have a rear air control in the front with off/low/mid/high. checked the fuses in the glove box and everything's intact. please help...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 AM
smartobject
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check resistors

Not sure what the set up is like but on my front fan the resistor pack is wacky -- only works on hi -- so I disconnect / reconnect and it goes for a while (its just a $25 part I should replace it).

Follow the wires and make sure connections are solid and weather-proofed.

Cheers

Old 06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smartobject
Not sure what the set up is like but on my front fan the resistor pack is wacky -- only works on hi -- so I disconnect / reconnect and it goes for a while (its just a $25 part I should replace it).
Your resistor pack is working fine, what you have is some corrosion on the terminals that you partly clean off each time you remove and reattach the plug. Try cleaning the connection as best you can and apply some dielectric grease to the terminals and see if that helps.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robldo
I have a 1997 dodge 2500 conversion van. the rear air use to work... but yesterday turned it on and it wouldn't work at all. I have a rear air control in the front with off/low/mid/high. checked the fuses in the glove box and everything's intact. please help...
Quick check is to pull the cover over the rear air unit and check that the fan motor is receiving 12 volts on the power line and that the ground connection is in good shape.

Quick Reply: Rear air not working