Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Two quick questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
DieselGMCvan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two quick questions....

First, I have a 1994 B250 Ram Conversion van...

My first question was what type of trans fluid should I use in it? (I remember someone saying don't use xxxxx type fluid, stick with xxxxx type and you'll be OK).. I don't remember the types now and can't find the thread either..

My second question involves the temp gauge and the temp sensors. The temp gauge on this van doesnt work, and I know it has 2 sensors - one for the ECM and one for the gauge (both are down on the front of the intake manifold). I just dont know which is which. Both are kinda a pain to get to... but one has 2 wires and the other has 1 wire. I have a spare of each from another van and was wondering which one to swap out..

Thanks for any help, Spenser

Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATF +3 if you can still find it, or more likely ATF+4 which is Synthetic. Don't use anything else or trust any tranny shop to use the right stuff.

The 2 wire is for the ECM. 1 wire for the dash gauge..

Goto rockauto.com and look at the photos

Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
DieselGMCvan

thank you!

I bought this van for $125 with no heads on it... it's come a long way and is almost finished!

-Spenser

Old 06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
DieselGMCvan

Actually, I do have one more question... I need an exahust flange for the end of the pipe that bolts up to the driver's side manifold, and needed to know what size it is. I think it's 2 1/4", but i'm not 100% sure.... (I think both pipes from each manifold are 2 1/4", and once they come together they go to a 2 1/2" pipe from there on back)

Thanks again, Spenser

Quick Reply: Two quick questions....