Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dodge ramvan fuel pump tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 PM
aftowne
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge ramvan fuel pump tool

Can any one tell me where I can get the tool that removes the lock nut on a fuel pump for a 2000 Dodge ramvan 1500 or can someone tell me another way to remove the lock nut on the fuel filter

Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not found the tool locally. I used a brass punch and 12 oz hammer to replace a pump in a 96 van. Do not hit it very hard for you do not want to break the lock ring. Do not keep hitting in the same spot. I would do one hit on one tab then another hit a few tabs over and keep going around the lock ring until it was loose enough to twist off by hand. It required several hits around the ring before it started to loosen.

After I tightened the lock ring by hand I also used the punch and hammer to tighten it further using the same procedure as above.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:38 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Same here, I've always just used a hammer and punch.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Leeann
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, that's what I just did on my '93 Bravada's lock ring. I did have to VERY VERY lightly spray some WD40 on the rubber gasket to free it a little. Wouldn't move otherwise.

Quick Reply: Dodge ramvan fuel pump tool