Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Couple Q's about 95' 2500 ram van

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 PM
jean claude ram van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Couple Q's about 95' 2500 ram van

Hey all! Just wanted to pick a few of your brains about re-doing interior work on a ram conversion van(regular van, not with the raised ceiling). While the interior is perfectly fine(aside from normal wear). I just don't like the color/style of it at all. It's a green interior and I just don't care much for the color. So I want to re-do the interior with leather seats(currently it's all cloth) with maybe a silver, black, or gray color, but not 100% sure how to go about it. I know I can get seats and such from scrap yards and such but what about the headliner, carpet, etc? Would I have to obtain all interior parts from a scrap yard or is there a company that sells different style/color headliners, carpet, etc for 95' rams? The van is golden except the color scheme is awful IMO and just want something more modern looking.

Also the van wasn't equipped with power seating, although it has powered everything else(windows, mirrors, etc). Is there a way to install a powered seat in a van that wasn't originally equipped with the option? I am sure there is a way, but is there a cheap way to do it lol!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to DodgeForum. I have moved your post to the Ram Van subforum as it was mistakenly posted to the 2nd Gen RAM truck subforum. Good luck.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
jean claude ram van

Cool, sorry didn't know the van had it's own forum. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Have you looked into the possibility of just having the carpet, headliner, etc. dyed the color you want? It could end up being considerably less expensive and easier to do instead of trying to replace everything.

Under the driver's seat you should be able to find a power connector for a power seat. If you are fortunate enough to find a power seat unit in a junkyard, you should be able to add it in fairly easily.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Horton
Rookie

This surplus company might help you decide which is cheaper, to recover or buy new. I've ordered a couple of things for my conversion van from them.
www.rvandvansurplus.com/

This one has even cheaper seats.
http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvva...hbackseats.htm

Last edited by Horton; 09-25-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
jean claude ram van

Alloro:

No I haven't lol! Didn't even know people did that until now. I will looking into that option. are there any type of companies that specialize in that kind of thing(i.e body shops, detailing places, etc) or is it easy enough for a DIY'er to do?

Horton:

Thanks for the links, i'll be checking into them as well.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:54 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jean claude ram van
is it easy enough for a DIY'er to do?
I don't know if it's easy because I've only heard of it being done and never did it myself. You might want to first bleach out the original color so that the new color covers easier and you'll use less of it.

Here's some product links to investigate.
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/Au...C994a45-1.html

http://www.sidsavage.com/store/Vehic...___R5100?Args=

Although you won't want the multi-colored kit on this page, you might want to watch the "how to" video at the bottom.
http://www.detailking.com/content/view/32/57/

Quick Reply: Couple Q's about 95' 2500 ram van