Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2002 Dodge Ram Van- Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:06 PM
xy0n28
|
Default 2002 Dodge Ram Van- Won't Start

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with my 2002 Dodge Ram Van 1500. I'm not great with cars, so pardon my terminologies.

I went on a trip for 2 weeks and before I left, my van was running great - no problems what so ever.

However, once I got back a few days ago, I realized the van would not start. I kept trying and a couple of times it would kind of start but then die immediately. After about the 6th or 7th time though - it finally stayed on.

At first I thought it might have been because I have driven it in weeks, so I drove around the block a couple of time to maybe shake off the cobwebs, but needless to say it died again while I was driving it in about 5 minutes.

Again, same story. Wouldn't start until about the 5th or 6th time, with some false start-ups in between.

Some things I noticed were that when I turn the key and the van goes "dong dong dong" all the lights and dials on my dashboard would come alive except the fuel dial, which would stay put. I don't know if this may be related to any issues. Also the check gauges light would come on randomly.

Thank you all in advance. Any ideas or suggestions you guys may have would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-18-2009 | 02:03 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator

1. Does it start and then stall right away, or it won't start period (except for those few time.)?

2. When it won't start is there spark or fuel pressure?

3. When the check gauges light comes on, is that when the engine stalls, is about to stall, or when you were driving it with no problems?

Old 11-07-2009 | 11:33 PM
LORENZO VITUG

try the relay, whatever that is it solve my problem same as yours, when i brought to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Ram Van- Won't Start