Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Funny Tire Wear / Adjustable Ball Joints?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 09:45 PM
Virmagicus
|
Default Funny Tire Wear / Adjustable Ball Joints?

I have a 01 Ram Van with the V6. I have been noticing lately that the passenger side tire seems to be wearing funny. The camber seems to be off. I checked the ball joints and they are good and they appear to be OEM & was wondering if they are indeed adjustable? Are the uppers only adjustable?

I am also planning on buying new or good used tires and noticed on the tag that they require the XL or extra load range tire? I do not tow and was curious as if they are necessary? Thanks

Old 10-27-2009 | 08:38 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator

Lower ball joints are not adjustable. If something is not right with the lower end it will be due to worn or damaged parts.

No you do not need the XL tires if you're not towing or carrying heavy cargo.
Keep in mind that without the XL tires, your maximum PSI for the rears will only be 35 instead of the 40 listed on the door sticker.

Old 10-29-2009 | 12:37 AM
Virmagicus
|

Hmm mine are listed 35psi. Maybe because it was manufactured in Canada? Anyone have a plug for the block heater? Can't seem to find one, thought there should be one.

Quick Reply: Funny Tire Wear / Adjustable Ball Joints?