Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Computer question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009 | 12:32 PM
American Lead
|
Default Computer question

hi guys, my 94 van's computer is screwed as you may know, so i did a little diggin and found out one from a dodge dakota is the same, i found the computer out of a 6cyl dodge Dakota and i'm going to get it soon (20 bucks) will it work?

PS when i opened up the computer the circut board was covered in this jello stuff with 1 capacitor and some heat sinks sticking out, everything looked coroded to hell so i said thats NFG and i'm not even gonna screw around with the capicator cuz with my luck that'll end in disaster....

does anyone know of any compatiable vehicles i can swap computers?

Old 11-04-2009 | 10:47 PM
HoosierDaddy

To the best of my knowledge the only computer that wll interchange with the 94 RamVan is the '94 and '95 RamVan computers. Nothing else will work, not even the Dakota.

That being said, good luck finding either one of them. No salvage yards around here have them, no auto parts stores have them nor can they order one. All they can do around here is "repair & return" which would have cost me over $150.00. The local dealer said the manufacturer had only one left for $517.00.

The only option I had left was to change the 25V-470Microfarad capacitor. So far, (knock on wood) so good. I'd link you to the site that has the information but I think the mods may consider it spamming.

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:19 PM
stev
Record Breaker

Do a search in these threads. CARDONE and others provide either new or reman ECM and PCM units for our vans.

Quick Reply: Computer question