Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Missing lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Paul229
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Missing lights?

It's not a major issue, but since I've owned my van the halo around the ignition doesn't light up. The first thing I checked was the push-in pins, but they all seem to be functioning. The interior lights come on when each door opens and go out shortly after the doors are shut. I then checked the fuses and I don't have any blown fuses.

The other light I seem to be missing is the one for symbol above the headlight switch. I thought maybe I had a blown bulb, but when I opened the dash to install my head unit, there is nothing there at all. I dug through the harnesses in that area and could not locate a bulb socket.

Any ideas? It's a '97 conversion van.

Thanks!!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my '89, under the headlight switch there is a round time delay relay. If I do not have the dimmer dial turned all the way clockwise past the detente, it will illuminate the lights you speak of. Even if I pull the bulbs, the relay itself draws 0.2 amps with the door open and the h/l switch not turned clockwise past the detente.

Quick Reply: Missing lights?